Supply and set up of a Collective Wastewater and Sanitation GIS in Cloud Mode within the Framework of the Study for Upgrading the Sanitation and Drainage Master Plan of Abidjan District
Implementation of the GIS KIS®
Construction of data base
Following a C2D (French Development Agency) financed project, carried out with the objective of upgrading the Sanitation and Drainage Master Plan of Abidjan District, a GIS was developed for the District. This GIS takes into account all pertinent data related to the upgrading.
However, this GIS can also be shared with other relevant actors such as the ONAD (Sanitaiton Department) and the SODECI (National Water Distribution Company), in order to have an operational database that can be regulary updated.
In order to better manage the updates, to have greater visibility over the use of the GIS, to properly organize the exchange process with respect ot data update and modification, the DAUD awarded the contract for the implementation of the GIS KIS® in Cloud Mode. This format renders the system accessible to all project actors via internet/intranet.
Following service provision, the following outcomes can be expected :
- A sector-specific GIS hosted via Cloud
- The solution will be adapted to the sector
- The solution will allow data exchange in shapefile formats and allow interfacing with other information systems via webservices
- Connection with different sites will be carried out with a complete management of user profiles and rights within the platform
- Data and maps will be accessible through all platforms – PC or mobile
- All relevant personnel will be trained in the management and command of the Web-GIS
- The solution is available 24/7
- All information is automatically saved and secured